I slap the clock at half-past-bleeping-four;
4:35 it wakes me up again.
I’m on the throne, and BAM! The bathroom door
Slams open and the cat comes yowling in.
Two cars won’t start; the jump-start box is dead.
I’m late for an appointment, then to work.
All morning, voices clamor in my head
(It sounds like me, except this guy’s a jerk).
By afternoon, I’m cold, unbuttered toast,
As appetizing as the cat’s repast.
As blessings go, there’s one that cheers me most:
I’ll soon be going back to sleep, at last!
I don’t believe in “bad days”; they’re a myth.
That said, I’m glad that this one’s over with!
- Happy Birthday, #TerryPratchett! wp.me/p18zYw-12D #poetry #discworld 3 weeks ago
- I have more cat than I count. Calicohabitants wp.me/p18zYw-11Z #poetry #cats 1 month ago
- If we treat this as an opportunity for sober reflection then the terrorists have already won: wp.me/p18zYw-11L #poetry #runforboston 1 month ago
- A Boylston Hymn wp.me/p18zYw-11J #poetry #bostonmarathon #runforboston 1 month ago
- Yuri's Night wp.me/p18zYw-11A #poetry #spaceflight #YuriGagarin 1 month ago
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- June 2008
- January 2008
- October 2007
- October 2006
CopyrightAll works © Michael W. Collins. No works from this site may be reproduced without written permission from the author.